All children have a fundamental right to be protected from harm, to be kept safe and their welfare promoted. If children and young people are to achieve academically, socially and emotionally it is essential that their basic needs for safety and protection are met. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play in safeguarding children.
Our Safeguarding Team
Mrs P Stroud - Assistant Principal (SENDCO)
Mrs J Chandler - Assistant Headteacher
Mrs L Howe – Pastoral Care & Standards Leader
Mrs L Caesar – College Nurse
We also have a school Nurse Drop-In facility, which is every Tuesday Lunchtime.
At Savio Salesian College, we believe in the following safeguarding rules:
• You have the right to feel safe
• Your bodies belong to you
• You can refuse touches that don’t feel right, and should never be forced to accept those that feel wrong (‘yes’ and ‘no’ feelings)
• Some secrets should never be kept
• You should beware of strangers
• It’s OK to say NO to someone asking you to do something wrong
• Always tell a trusted adult if something is worrying you.
If you need to talk to anybody, you can see any of the members of the safeguarding team!
Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (Pace) and the Virtual College teamed up to provide a short, free online course entitled ‘Keep Them Safe: Protecting Children from CSE’ designed to equip parents and carers with the knowledge to protect children against sexual exploitation. Details are available via the following link: https://www.virtual-college.co.uk/resources/free-courses