HSBC Work Experience Vacancies 2018
We are now live with our Work Experience Vacancies for 2018 and the closing date is the 26 January 2018. APPLY NOW .
Who can apply?
This programme is aimed at those in the later years of full-time secondary, sixth form or college education who are keen to get an introduction to what a career in financial services may be like.
The Work Experience opportunities will be available through June to August 2017. Specific details regarding each opportunity are available when you apply.
To be considered for the programme, you will:
• Be in full-time education either at secondary school, sixth form or college at the time of the work experience commencing
• Be keen and motivated to find out more about HSBC and to be prepared to complete the application process, which will include some online questions and if successful, a telephone interview
How to apply
We encourage the students to choose and apply for a location to which they can reasonably commute, as early as possible, as applications will close when all placements are filled. Please keep in mind we will not be able to offer placements in locations not listed.
Please note they must obtain approval from their school or college to undertake this work experience as it falls within the standard school/college term-time.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, the student will be shadowing colleagues and encouraged to ask questions to help them understand more about HSBC. During the work experience, they will learn what it is like to work in one of our retail, commercial, operational or head office areas (subject to availability).
They will get to know HSBC – our values, our history and exactly what we do – and gain an insight into actual jobs that they would be doing if they came to work for us full-time. There will be an opportunity to work on a live project and share their ideas with managers.
If they decide to go to university in the future, the work experience programme is a great early insight into a potential career choice.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will provide them with an insight into what it is like to work for a global bank and help them decide their future career options.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
• Real work experience
• Feedback on how they can develop
• Tips on recruitment processes for the future
• Opportunities to meet a range of HSBC employees and ask as many questions as they want. This is to help them understand what working for HSBC is like and your potential future ambitions
How to reach us
HSBC Work Experience Recruitment Team
Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Level 35, 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HQ